Five Easy-Breezy Looks for Memorial Day Weekend
Posted on Friday, May 22 2015 02:48:00 PM in News by Sarah Lunt
Memorial Day weekend always welcomes in the lazy days of summer for our family. We find ourselves spending the day at ball games and picnics and as long as the sun lingers so do we. While our schedules are still packed with school, work, and commitments, this weekend reminds me that soon enough my free spirit will be renewed with an open schedule and days that run into each other. During the summer I like to keep my wardrobe simple but still interesting. Often I hear women complain that summer clothing is boring because of the lack of layers; however, I find it just as fun to style.
1. Stripes for the win! Patterns, like stripes, add immediate interest to an outfit and are very easy to spice up with accessories and punches of color.
2. Skirting around. I love this chambray skirt because it is more flattering on my shape than shorts but just as cool and comfortable. Pair it with a floral tee or lace top.
3. Shorts are a necessity. I may feel more attractive in a skirt but I still can't give up my shorts. The length is the key. A longer length is tasteful yet cool on a hot day.
4. Bohemian Vibes. The whole "boho" movement is ideal for warmer weather because the layers are lightweight and accessories are endless. If you are hesitant to go whole-heartedly into the fringe-trend, just try one small piece like a purse or shoes vs. a vest or skirt.
5. White jeans are a must. They just are. And if you are brave, which I encourage, pair them with a neon top. I promise your complexion will look radiant. BUT, at least the white jeans.
We hope you have fun plans and lazy days ahead.
Sarah and Jenni